In January 2013 I had the pleasure of entering Metamorphose Yoga Studio in Kilauea, Kauai, where I was warmly greeted by Carol and Astell. That day I committed to a month of yoga for my health and well-being and after signing up, I heard these words: “Your body is already thanking you.” My month-long daily practice with Carol and her dedicated, gifted team of healers/yoga instructors fulfilled that promise in so many ways. Situated in paradise, her yoga studio offers a feeling of coming home—the sacred atmosphere and warmth starts with a friendly greeting from her dog Oscar. I am so honored that Carol is sharing her wisdom and soul with us through her Top 10 list here. Thank you Carol for all you do and are for us!
1) The love and support of my community
2) Watching my students transform with yoga
3) Creating a sanctuary for us all
4) The motivation to learn and grow
5) My freedom as a teacher
6) Retail therapy in the boutique
Buying for the boutique has been a new learning adventure for me. I was never much of a shopper, but thanks to my very gifted and retail-savvy husband we always find fun, comfortable and beautiful things. Our inventory flows in and out – we have apparel, jewelry, books, home & body products, yoga supplies and much more. The added perk for me is I get to buy the things I like and want to share with my community.
7) Supporting companies and projects I believe in
- Bhaktapur Animal Welfare Society, Nepal: http://www.baws.org.np/
- Chokgyur Lingpa Foundation, Nepal: http://www.cglf.org/
- Baan Unrak Animal Sanctuary, Thailand: http://thaianimalsanctuary.com
- Bali Animal Welfare Association: http://bawabali.com
- Japan Earthquake Rescue and Support
- Doctors Without Borders
- and ongoing local events that support our Kauai community.
8) Sharing the philosophy of yoga
9) Meditation & Pranayama:
10) The challenge of running my own business
Carol comes from a background of yoga, meditation, massage and anatomy. Her lifelong exposure to the healing arts has inspired a teaching style that embraces honest acceptance for wherever we are in the present, while expanding into our unlimited potential. She has been teaching yoga & anatomy on Kauai since 2005, is a 300+ RYT and has studied Ashtanga, Anusara, Iyengar, Vinyasa and Yin Yoga with many acclaimed teachers around the globe. Prior to dedicating her life to yoga, she had a career in massage therapy with a focus on anatomy and injury rehabilitation. Her daily inspiration comes from the beauty of nature, a loving family and her animal friends.