Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. ~ Arthur Ashe
The Mahalo Program
As I embark upon rolling out my new online art making programs, it felt appropriate to share here with you about how I pay it forward, or give back, or BOTH in my business model. So, here it is, my Mahalo Program and the programs, non-profit organizations and groups- mostly local, some national, that I have had the pleasure of supporting and saying Mahalo! to over the past five years since I launched my art business!
The Mahalo Program is founded by the principal of living in gratitude as a way of life. Mahalo nui loa in Hawaiian means to live in thankfulness for the richness that makes life so precious.
How it works: On a rotating basis, I am delighted to select a worthwhile cause or organization to donate 5-10% from both the sales of my fine art originals and revenue generated from a selected Art with Lórien learning program.
Who We Support:
- Standing Rock Official Oceti Sakowin Camp Seven Council Fires– To learn more about Standing Rock: ocetisakowincamp.org
- Heal the Bay– an environmental nonprofit dedicated to making the coastal waters and watersheds of Greater Los Angeles safe, healthy and clean. To fulfill our mission, we use science, education, community action and advocacy. healthebay.org/
- The Peace Exchange– Sustainable Fair Trade, Laguna Beach, CA. thepeaceexchange.com/
- Art for Clare, Clare Foundation, Santa Monica, CA- 8th annual fundraiser for addiction and recovery services. clarefoundation.org/
- Modjeska Ranch Rescue, Annual Art & Wine Fundraiser, Modjeska Canyon, CA- dedicated to finding homes for neglected and abandoned animals. modjeskaranch.com/
- Grapes for Grads VI, VIII, Laguna Beach, CA-Scholarship fundraiser for college-bound students from Laguna Beach HS and LCAD. grapesforgrads.com/
- Save the Arts – LAUSD, Los Angeles, California – Benefitting underfunded arts programs in Los Angeles public schools K-12 savethearts.net/
- Haight Ashbury Psychological Services, San Francisco, California -Providing the community with access to quality mental health care. hapsclinic.org/
- Age Well Senior Services, Non-Profit Serving Orange County, Laguna Woods, California -Providing Meals on Wheels, Transportation, Adult Day services and Health and Wellness Programs. agewellseniorservices.org
- Whole Planet Foundation– their mission is poverty alleviation through microcredit in communities around the world that supply Whole Foods Market stores with products. wholeplanetfoundation.org
Thank you for reading and I invite you to share your contributions via comments and connect to me via my Facebook page, explore my Art with Lórien art classes on YouTube, and if you would like to make sure you are notified about more content like this, join my newsletter here to be the first to know when I offer my new programs, including early bird specials and exclusives!
May your days be filled with a sense of wonder, love and the spirit of Aloha,
In love, gratitude and beauty…